I have to agree with you there im happy for people to have their own beliefs and all as long as they dont try and force them upon people who may not believe the same thing. For example last friday(good friday) i was yelled at by a woman who i had never even met for eating meat on good friday.(just curious does anyone know what that is acctually about because i have never even really heard about this before.) Ok your belief is fare enough and i respect your right to have that belief but don't try and push that on me when all i want is to be able to sit down and eat a nice lunch in the park.

Are you serious?? Not eating meat on Fridays is a Catholic thing. The 40 days of lent is the time that Jesus was in the desert being tempted by Satan. You aren't supposed to eat meat on any Friday, especially good friday during lent. Haha.. I can't believe someone actually yelled at you for eating meat! Where was this at? You shoulda told her to shut the * up, and said something mocking of the christian religion.:twisted: I bet she wouldn't say anything to you about it again..

Are you serious?? Not eating meat on Fridays is a Catholic thing. The 40 days of lent is the time that Jesus was in the desert being tempted by Satan. You aren't supposed to eat meat on any Friday, especially good friday during lent. Haha.. I can't believe someone actually yelled at you for eating meat! Where was this at? You shoulda told her to shut the * up, and said something mocking of the christian religion.:twisted: I bet she wouldn't say anything to you about it again..

Catholics are a lot different than Protestants... I keep noticing this.

People are weird, I don't think that woman should have yelled at him for eating meat. Come on now..... that's just dumb.

Yeah i found it quite strange as well especially having grown up as a christian i have never heard of any such traditions or beliefs and i suppose it was just more of a shock that someone would actually have a go at me like that in public for some tradition i have never even heard of.

I really think that the world we live in these days is too polically correct. I think even if we were to ban everything that offended someone in some way or another then everything would get banned and even then i think someone would still find something offensive about that.

In the case of this Hungry Jacks ice cream incident it seems very silly that they have to redesign their entire lid because one muslim got offended by it and said that he would get all muslims to boycot hungry jacks if they. Although i do not see how this would worry hungry jacks because their products are not halal(excuse spelling) or whatever.

How dare you blaspheme! Or did you do that before the beginning of time? Anyway,,,

The world was created 6013 years ago? Horsehockey!

The world was created 6000000000ish years ago? Mere orders of magnitude do not give correctness!

You fools. If only you knew the world was created 30 seconds ago. And I have knowledge that this is true. Sure, you can't prove that the Universe existed more than 30 seconds ago. But I don't need proof. Instead, I have not-proof. Not-proof is good enough for me. I don't need those leftist intellectualists to tell me what to think. I believe in the new time religion; it's good enough for me. Than those so-called "intellectuals," I think I am smarter besides. So if anything, that makes them stupiddectuals.

You don't think the Universe is only 30 seconds old? Can you prove it? You can't. Idiot. What were you thinking, even considering an older Universe? The universe just acts like it's older than 30 seconds. Sure, you've got memories of artifacts like the Bible and the x86 architecture and other things that don't belong in the 21st century, but that's just planted there to make it look like the Universe is older than 30 seconds. That's because God B likes messing with people's heads. Those who fall for his tricks get sent to Heck. I know this because I have not-proof in the truth.

Just think about it this way. What's the safe thing to believe? What if the 30-second Universe truth is true? If you believe, if you maintain not-proof in Gods A and B, you get to go to Heaven and dance in paradise. But if you don't, you get sent straight to Heck. But if the 30-second Universe truth were to be false, you'll get the same outcome. Therefore it's the logical thing to believe.

If you don't believe me, just look at the twisted arguments and nonlogicisms offered up by the other faiths:

I am an atheist. (both of my parents are)
No scraments, not baptised, not circumcisized, no nothing.
Does that make me evil or something? I think not. (Haven't killed anyone. Yet.)
I think it makes me OBJECTIVE regarding religions.
And guess what, people. I DO think that there is a superior being that is responsible for all this.

You are atheist and you believe there is a superior being? Whatever you're smoking, keep it to yourself, man.

There is faith in our hearts. They will never find the remains of Jesus because He is not dead, He is alive. That is our foundation.

I'm sorry, you are mistaken. As I have already discussed, Christ cannot exist if the universe is 30 seconds old. It is a delusion, and you're risking Heck if you do not change your mind. Don't worry, God A and God B actually love people, so Heck is pretty good. The main difference of contention right now is that Heaven gets iPods and Haskell whereas Hell gets Zunes and C++. But you can always change your mind and go to Heaven, even after a life of Sin. (Remember how the Universe is only 30 seconds old? By relatavistic theology, that means the Universe is always 30 seconds old, which means you can just change your mind about whether you really have not-proof in God A and God B, and then 30 seconds later, it is true that you have never sinned.)

It is true that the Universe is laid out in a way that makes it seem Jesus Christ has existed and was holy, but in actuality, the illusion of history shows that he, like Hitler, was a great comedian; he just didn't understand the principle of a joke taken too far.

So what hope do you have when you die?

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but being psychologically appealing doesn't make a religion right or moral. Although yours appears true, such appearances are created by a history that by definition didn't happen. Your not-proof in Christianity is harmless but mistaken. For further details, see paragraphs 3-5 above.

Note that I don't mean to come across as adversarial -- I'm replying to comments that you didn't actually make. How could you have made them if they are dated more than 30 seconds in the past? Therefore, you have not sinned against God A and God B; that sin is an illusion. Therefore you won't be forgiven for your sins, since there is no crime to forgive. See you in Heaven.

I side with the conservatives on this one, screw being "politically correct". It's the same with the atheists trying to change the pledge, getting rid of 'prayer' in school, and people saying "happy Holidays" instead of "merry Christmas". I mean, I'm an atheist, and I really don't care.. most atheists don't care. If you take the time to go complain to the supreme court about religion, then your not really atheist, b/c atheists wouldn't freakn care! Same with the pledge and "In God We Trust" on money. It has been like that for over 200 years!! Leave it alone! How do words and pictures offend people?? People need to quit their damn B****ing (I don't know how censored this forum is supposed to be .. I don't think anything on the internet should be filtered, but w/e)

If what you say is true, then I would observe that some people just happen to believe in an archaic principle called "freedom." However, I do not know what you are griping about. These disputes haven't happend in the last 30 seconds, have they? If not, then they haven't happened at all.

So we have a choice; to believe in a Powerful God who created the world in 7 days and is still holding it all together, or to follow the belief of men who made up "scientific explanations" hundreds of years ago to challenge the belief that has so long been kept by humans since the beginning of time.

Really??? Maybe I am mistaken. Forgive me -- or don't, since I wrote that part of the post more than 30 seconds ago. This "Powerful" God seems like quite the sexy beast. Is he white? Because I'll only worship a god who's the same color as me. Does he have a goatee? That would be really cool. I hope this "Powerful" God isn't something totally beyond human comprehension, because that would ruin it for me.

Oh, did it look like I just wrote that paragraph? Silly God B -- he made it look like I was about to convert to Christianity just before the Universe was created. He's quite an adorable character.

Well, I'm tired. See you later,
Rashakil

commented: very bad post, didn't even make sense. try to use logical explanations next time. +0
commented: This doesn't make any sense! +0
commented: Hope this balances out the neg rep you got for this post. hehe +6

How dare you blaspheme! Or did you do that before the beginning of time? Anyway,,,

The world was created 6000000000ish years ago? Mere orders of magnitude do not give correctness!

You fools. If only you knew the world was created 30 seconds ago. And I have knowledge that this is true. Sure, you can't prove that the Universe existed more than 30 seconds ago. But I don't need proof. Instead, I have not-proof. Not-proof is good enough for me. I don't need those leftist intellectualists to tell me what to think. I believe in the new time religion; it's good enough for me. Than those so-called "intellectuals," I think I am smarter besides. So if anything, that makes them stupiddectuals.

You don't think the Universe is only 30 seconds old? Can you prove it? You can't. Idiot. What were you thinking, even considering an older Universe? The universe just acts like it's older than 30 seconds. Sure, you've got memories of artifacts like the Bible and the x86 architecture and other things that don't belong in the 21st century, but that's just planted there to make it look like the Universe is older than 30 seconds. That's because God B likes messing with people's heads. Those who fall for his tricks get sent to Heck. I know this because I have not-proof in the truth.

Just think about it this way. What's the safe thing to believe? What if the 30-second Universe truth is true? If you believe, if you maintain not-proof in Gods A and B, you get to go to Heaven and dance in paradise. But if you don't, you get sent straight to Heck. But if the 30-second Universe truth were to be false, you'll get the same outcome. Therefore it's the logical thing to believe.

If you don't believe me, just look at the twisted arguments and nonlogicisms offered up by the other faiths:

You are atheist and you believe there is a superior being? Whatever you're smoking, keep it to yourself, man.

I'm sorry, you are mistaken. As I have already discussed, Christ cannot exist if the universe is 30 seconds old. It is a delusion, and you're risking Heck if you do not change your mind. Don't worry, God A and God B actually love people, so Heck is pretty good. The main difference of contention right now is that Heaven gets iPods and Haskell whereas Hell gets Zunes and C++. But you can always change your mind and go to Heaven, even after a life of Sin. (Remember how the Universe is only 30 seconds old? By relatavistic theology, that means the Universe is always 30 seconds old, which means you can just change your mind about whether you really have not-proof in God A and God B, and then 30 seconds later, it is true that you have never sinned.)

It is true that the Universe is laid out in a way that makes it seem Jesus Christ has existed and was holy, but in actuality, the illusion of history shows that he, like Hitler, was a great comedian; he just didn't understand the principle of a joke taken too far.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but being psychologically appealing doesn't make a religion right or moral. Although yours appears true, such appearances are created by a history that by definition didn't happen. Your not-proof in Christianity is harmless but mistaken. For further details, see paragraphs 3-5 above.

Note that I don't mean to come across as adversarial -- I'm replying to comments that you didn't actually make. How could you have made them if they are dated more than 30 seconds in the past? Therefore, you have not sinned against God A and God B; that sin is an illusion. Therefore you won't be forgiven for your sins, since there is no crime to forgive. See you in Heaven.

If what you say is true, then I would observe that some people just happen to believe in an archaic principle called "freedom." However, I do not know what you are griping about. These disputes haven't happend in the last 30 seconds, have they? If not, then they haven't happened at all.

Really??? Maybe I am mistaken. Forgive me -- or don't, since I wrote that part of the post more than 30 seconds ago. This "Powerful" God seems like quite the sexy beast. Is he white? Because I'll only worship a god who's the same color as me. Does he have a goatee? That would be really cool. I hope this "Powerful" God isn't something totally beyond human comprehension, because that would ruin it for me.

Oh, did it look like I just wrote that paragraph? Silly God B -- he made it look like I was about to convert to Christianity just before the Universe was created. He's quite an adorable character.

Rashakil

Lol WOW. Does anybody else think this guy is a little bit on the crazy side? Haha, I don't even know what to say..... :)

I mean what the heck is stupiddectuals?

I just have to say, before I tear your post apart.. that you are an IDIOT! Most of everything you said doesn't even make sense! The points you are trying to make by using the metaphor of a 30 second Universe is completely RETARDED!

commented: I definitely agree with you... :) -Christina +3

What are you talking about? I never wrote that.

What are you talking about? I never wrote that.

Are you on crack?
You wrote a whole essay about it. =/

sigh*... what a newb

And I don't see why you would feel a need to "tear" a post "apart" unless you have some kind of desire to lash out at people for believing differently than you. Do you hate me (or whatever divine being constructed that post) for holding your opinions in contempt? Are you frustrated by the behavior of humanity? Isn't it a shame that everybody isn't the same as you.

And I don't see why you would feel a need to "tear" a post "apart" unless you have some kind of desire to lash out at people for believing differently than you. Do you hate me (or whatever divine being constructed that post) for holding your opinions in contempt? Are you frustrated by the behavior of humanity? Isn't it a shame that everybody isn't the same as you.

Or maybe it's because you didn't make any logical sense in your post...

Interesting Concept this 30 second universe of yours although as i could not see what point you were trying to make i gave up half way through reading your rantings

Or maybe it's because you didn't make any logical sense in your post...

That wasn't my post...

That wasn't my post...

Ok, you are definitely not making any sense right now.
You posted that whole thing just a couple minutes ago!!

But the universe is only 30 seconds old, how could he have posted it minutes ago? :p

WTF?? First of all, we can prove the Universe is older than 30 seconds simply b/c we Remember and have physical proof of the past.. you know what, I'm not even going to say anything else, b/c you are a dumbass. I meanstupiddectuals.? Are you 3 years old? You have the thought capacity of a freakn child! Nothing you just said makes any sense whatsoever!

Not-proof? lmfao... WOW! You just sound dumber and dumber..

WHAT??? YOU ARE AN IDIOT!:lol:

Once again... WTF? Do you know what you are saying? Or are you just writting random words and hoping that it makes sense? How the hell do you make such an assumption from relativistic theory? Do you even know what relativity is???? Nothing you said makes sense..

Allusion of history? Please.. someone make it stop!!! It's too painful to read anymore!!!:sad:

You're replying to comments that we never made? Oh, ok.. that's nice to know..

Rashakil

WHY?? Why does he keep writting?? You just write random bs down.. We are ALL dumber for reading this post.. It makes no sense, you are a moron! Perhaps you never should have posted on this thread.. And please.. don't write anything on this thread again. We don't want to read it. I strongly advise you to either check into a mental hospital, or just go kill yourself so we don't have to read another post from you again!

i suggest you just ignor him he is obiously just an idiot trying to get a rise out of us

i think the theory is although it appears that things existed more then 30 seconds ago they did not nessisarily

No, there is no theory. His post makes no sense. He is a complete dumbass.

Lol I don't even know what to say to that whole thing. I have never heard anyone try to back themselves up with something so ridiculously idiotic as that. I'm sorry, but that was just... no... wow. Haha, I mean what is a "stupiddectual" anyway?

commented: lol.. no kidding! I hope he doesn't post again.. ~Josh~ +2

lol.. I think we have finally found something that atheists and Christians can agree on: How much of a dumbass 'Rashakil Fol' is

Yes his post makes no sense but there is no way of telling that the universe did come into being 30 seconds ago sure we have memories from before then and there is evidence that it has lasted longer then that but that does not mean that it diddnt just come into being 30 seconds ago or even 1 second for that matter

Rashakil Fol, I hope you read what I had to say about your post.. and please take my advise..

Huh? Ok, this thread is getting weird.

Yes his post makes no sense but there is no way of telling that the universe did come into being 30 seconds ago sure we have memories from before then and there is evidence that it has lasted longer then that but that does not mean that it diddnt just come into being 30 seconds ago or even 1 second for that matter

Yea, It is not that crazy of a thought.. But what he said about it made no sense. I mean, damn.. If you're going to say something like that at least have a purpose or argument for doing so.

i personally think the universe being created 30 seconds ago is a ridiculous thought... that's like that professor and his students who claimed they figured out how to divide by 0... i mean c'mon... there's a fine line between brilliant and mad.

I dont think that we are saying that its a sane thought but more that there is no proof against this theory and no proof for it which makes it plausible but until you have proof either way it stays like that.

i personally think the universe being created 30 seconds ago is a ridiculous thought... that's like that professor and his students who claimed they figured out how to divide by 0... i mean c'mon... there's a fine line between brilliant and mad.

I agree...

commented: We might not agree on everything, but your a great debater -Josh +2

so a stopwatch that ticks past 31 seconds isn't proof? I don't get it...

commented: -Josh +2

You're replying to comments that we never made? Oh, ok.. that's nice to know..

You're replying to a comment from more than 30 seconds ago; what does that say about you?

WHY?? Why does he keep writting?? You just write random bs down.. We are ALL dumber for reading this post.. It makes no sense, you are a moron! Perhaps you never should have posted on this thread.. And please.. don't write anything on this thread again. We don't want to read it. I strongly advise you to either check into a mental hospital, or just go kill yourself so we don't have to read another post from you again!

I strongly recommend that you do not tell people they should kill themselves. Or else someday, somebody might take your advice. And grow up.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.