I have windows XP on an Dell INspiron 1100. I have gotton a Primary Disk Drive not found error message for a few days and just now got into Windows. I believe something is wrong with my hard drive b/c it makes a lot of clicking noises before giving me the primary disk drive not found error.Once I did get into Windows the following message occured with the BSOD.
I have the bsod that has the Kernel Data INpage error

Technical information:
***(STOP: 0x0000007A (0xC03E4460, 0xc000000E, 0xF911878A, x034E9860)
***Ntfs.sys - Address F911878A base at F90C3000, Datestamp 41107eea

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

Please someone help me with this. This laptop is out of warrenty but it was purchadsed from dell new in Fall 2003. If I need a new Hard drive let me know. Thanks in advance

ellis067

I have windows XP on an Dell INspiron 1100. I have gotton a Primary Disk Drive not found error message for a few days and just now got into Windows. I believe something is wrong with my hard drive b/c it makes a lot of clicking noises before giving me the primary disk drive not found error.Once I did get into Windows the following message occured with the BSOD.
I have the bsod that has the Kernel Data INpage error

Technical information:
***(STOP: 0x0000007A (0xC03E4460, 0xc000000E, 0xF911878A, x034E9860)
***Ntfs.sys - Address F911878A base at F90C3000, Datestamp 41107eea

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

Please someone help me with this. This laptop is out of warrenty but it was purchadsed from dell new in Fall 2003. If I need a new Hard drive let me know. Thanks in advance

ellis067

http://www.seagate.com/support/seatools/

This will tell you if your hard disk has problems

If it is FAT problems try to reinstall using dell recovery disks try the seagate utilty first though:cheesy:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.