I am unable to browse my asp page on Internet Information Services (IIS). Please help.

The page cannot be displayed
HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Internet Information Services

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Error Type:
Microsoft VBScript compilation (0x800A0400)
Expected statement
/localdir/Hellotest.asp, line 12
<tr>

Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; FunWebProducts; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)

Page:
GET /localdir/Hellotest.asp

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

You need to disable friendly error messages. This basically says you have an error in your ASP code. To disable friendly error messages, go to internet options on your browser, usually under tools. It will say something like "Show Friendly HTTP Error Messages" or the alike. Uncheck that box and you will see where you have your error.

Thanks for your response. It wa already unchecked and no additional error msg has occured. I even read the warning msg from the event viewer (under administration tools) but got no clue.

can you post it to a live server so I can take a look at the error? that or send me a screenshot on a word document and attach it to your post

Here you are adn thanks so much for your help.

I resaved this file as asp.net server page and I was able to browse the asp page. Thanks.

That's odd.. unless it's an asp.net page anyway! lol Then you're in the wrong forum :)

I appreciate that you are available to hep people out. Thank you for your very kind reply!I wish you every success with your work :).

No problem. At my job right now it's slow cause I finish my work too fast... so I'll be here if you need help. PM's work as well if you wish.

how can I direct correspond to you by using your contact user name if I have any questions though this forum. please advice. Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.