Hello people,

First of all, i'm not an experienced ASP coder at all, i usually do php/java so i'm still kinda puzzled by this language.

For my current project, i need to update a piece of an intranet, written completely in ASP.
since it can't be reached from my position, the owner send me the complete code, and the database.
(litterally a copy-paste of it).

Before my first attempt to run the script, i corrected the link to the database file, and checked the file's permissions just to be sure. but i still get this error

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

/vergunning/dev/connect.asp, line 4 

the file that takes care of the connection is simple:

<% 
set conn=server.createobject("adodb.connection")
conn.Errors.Clear
conn.open "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=D:\db\intranet.mdb;"
Response.Buffer = True 
%>

this code works on their intranet, the path/filename is correct, and it isn't read or write protected.
it also doesn't ask for an username/password.
I installed IIS 7.0 and Visual Studio 2010 express just to be sure.

Can anyone tell me what's going wrong?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

sorry for the late reaction, i tried installing the database engine, but it didn't have any effect unfortunately.
I tried installing some database tools with the webmatrix, but that didn't help either.
i got a new computer to work on, and it seems that a default webmatrix install (only the recommanded programs) did work.

thanks for the help anyway :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.