I had just compiled my site using Publlish Website feature of Visual Web Developer. But when I deployed the compiled website in the local IIS, I received the following error message in the browser:

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'xmlns'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <?xml version="1.0"?>
Line 2: <configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0">
Line 3: <appSettings>
Line 4: <add key="ebabes" value="eds" />

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\web.config Line: 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

Can anybody help me solve this problem?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

what version of IIS you running ?

Sorry, i don't know the version of my IIS. How would I know it?

control panel >> administrative tools >> iis >> help >> about internet information services

I've seen this before. I think that you may be running the website under ASP.NET 1.0 instead of 2.0 on the server. Go to the website in IIS, right click on it, get the properties, make sure you're running it under asp.net 2.0 on the asp.net tab.

That should fix the problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.