hai i have used adrotator in top of the page and left i have link buttons which is in panel .
Then right i have iframe..tat iframe shows the page which is clicked by link button. but my adrotator picture is not changing.but when i refresh the page its changed..
so tel me the solution for changing the adrotator picture . i have given impression also
and i have used
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="2">
this is t working .but the problem is when the page is refreshed,then the whole page is refreshed.but i need that adrotator alone should refreshed
so pls help me for this.

Thank you,

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

use timer control in ajax.with updatepanel ....i.e place adrotator in updatepanel...and for timer targetcontrol id as updatepanel triger evnt as pagelaod( tick something is there ) so page will not be refressed bt ad rotator will change its ads.....
mistakes are common.let me know if i make a mistake.thank u........

use timer control in ajax.with updatepanel ....i.e place adrotator in updatepanel...and for timer targetcontrol id as updatepanel triger evnt as pagelaod( tick something is there ) so page will not be refressed bt ad rotator will change its ads.....
mistakes are common.let me know if i make a mistake.thank u........

i do no how to use ajax.so can u help me to do this....

That requires too much. Your best bet is to just change the picture through javascript.

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--//
function chnge()
{
document.getElementById("adRotator").src = "newimagepath";

//If you wish, put all your images in a folder
//that have similar names like:
//img001, img002, img003, img004
//Then take a random number, and check
//for certain ranges, like: if Less than 10,
//add two zeros in front of number. If less
//than 100, add one zero.

setTimeout("chnge()", 10000);

//This timout just calls the function every
//10 seconds. 1000 MS = 1 second,
//10,000 = 10 sec.
}
-->
</script>

That requires too much. Your best bet is to just change the picture through javascript.

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--//
function chnge()
{

//If you wish, put all your images in a folder
//that have similar names like:
//img001, img002, img003, img004
//Then take a random number, and check
//for certain ranges, like: if Less than 10,
//add two zeros in front of number. If less
//than 100, add one zero.

setTimeout("chnge()", 10000);

//This timout just calls the function every
//10 seconds. 1000 MS = 1 second,
//10,000 = 10 sec.
}
-->
</script>

hi,
in this place u gave some picture path..but i gave 3 pictures in adrotator (XML File).
if i give like this after 10 seconds once this image only get refreshed ...ten wat abt the remaining pictures.....

can u suggest me which pic i should give for src................

Thank you,

hi,
in this place u gave some picture path..but i gave 3 pictures in adrotator (XML File).
if i give like this after 10 seconds once this image only get refreshed ...ten wat abt the remaining pictures.....

can u suggest me which pic i should give for src................[in which event i have to write.......]

Thank you,

I sent you a PM, if it works, place the code you used and solve the thread, if not, let me know your situation and I'll attempt to solve it for you.

Response.AppendHeader("Refresh", "10; URL=YOUR URL")

Place this in Page load, and for evry 10 sec. u r page gets refreshed.

The ajax timer is a right approach. Easy and nice the complete page will not referesh.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.