I have a old web application in VS2003. It has a user Logon but some time it will store worng user Id in database, I can't figure it out what is the wrong. It is not happening everytime only sometime.

I am trying to create that condition but It won't but only happens in production.

<sessionState mode="InProc" stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424" sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;user id=userid;password="xyz"
cookieless="false" timeout="30" />

Please anyone can help

Thanks,

Not that it matters, but the two attributes stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424" sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;user id=userid;password="xyz" are totally ignored in your configuration, because the mode is set to InProc. There are three possible values for mode, InProc, StateServer and SQLServer. The stateConnectionString attribute is only used when the mode is set to StateServer, and the sqlConnectionString value is only used when the mode is set to SQLServer.

As far as your problem, can you post the code where your login is stored into session state? That will probably help out a lot.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.