here is the problem,
i wanted to create a login page, where in when a given username and password is created it should directly to the webpage showing the details. but if i give any other username and password it should be directed to the member sign in page. the place where i got stuck up is at using login controls. i just need the coding for that by using VB.

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

Hi...

do u wish to log in to ur webpage using only login controls or u can have textboxes and buttons...?

using the login controls. with textboxes and button i got it

using the login controls. with textboxes and button i got it

how did u validate the user id and passwd? can u post ur code pliz?

Run - WAT (Web Site Administrative Tool) to configure Membership - Role/Users account.

i got everything but i'm getting a runtime error saying that there should be only one config selection and highlighting the the firstline in the asp code page of the loginform, the default page and the other webpage what went wrong

Post your web.config

how did u validate the user id and passwd? can u post ur code pliz?

using validating controls in the toolbox

Can you post error message description or a snap shot?

Can you post error message description or a snap shot?

actually i got to know where i made a mistake..........

actually i got to know where i made a mistake..........

How can we find mistakes? You haven't post a code and also error message you got. Are you playing with us?

How can we find mistakes? You haven't post a code and also error message you got. Are you playing with us?

sorry for this. what happened actually is... after i posted this i tried again and got to know where i made a mistake

You should post what you've come up with. You never know, it might help other DaniWeb users out!

ok i understood now. from now onwards i will definetly post the errors definetly. actually i'm new to this forum

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.