hi..
i developed a web application using asp.net2005 in windows xp professional,database is sql server2000.. i have to run the application in another system.. so i used deployment to run the application in another windows system.. after deployment i got a setup file with "msi" extension. i installed this "msi" setup file in another system.. so i got the virtual directory in my IIS.. so i open internet explorer and enter the url:"http://localhost/websetup/home.aspx" then
this is the error i am getting when i am running the url in client system..

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Are you using Excel COM object model to generate any Excel document in your application?

If so, then the server, where you deployed the application, should also have Excel installed.

Are you using Excel COM object model to generate any Excel document in your application?

If so, then the server, where you deployed the application, should also have Excel installed.

yes... in my application i have used excel library file in com.. and also i installed office in client system... still i am getting the same error..

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Check whether you have Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll in the BIN folder of the application.

Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel Version 11 is related to Excel 2003 and Version 12 is related to Excel 2007.

Check whether the client system have Excel 2003 installed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.