Hello !

I'm New to ASP.NET, I want to use it with C++.
I installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition,

And installed IIS ,When i've Written my First code to Test, I got this message:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NotImplementedException: The method or operation is not implemented.]
Microsoft.VisualC.CppCodeProvider.CreateCompiler() +28
System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeDomProvider.CreateCompilerHelper() +8
System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeDomProvider.CompileAssemblyFromFile(CompilerParameters options, String[] fileNames) +14
System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.Compile() +775
System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild() +71
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath) +8729531
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) +261
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) +101
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert) +126
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert) +62
System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath) +33
System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.System.Web.IHttpHandlerFactory2.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath) +40
System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig) +160
System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +93
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +155

Given that my code is:

<%@Page Language = "C++"%>
<html>
<head><title>Welcome!</title></head>
<p align="center"><font color="RED" face="Snap ITC" size="12pt">Welcome to your New ASP.NET Page <br> "Using C++"</font></p>
</html>

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Um, what??????????

Obviously you cant create anything apart from executable C++ programs in Visual C++ Express!

To make ASP.NET (web) applications, you need Visual Web Developer instead. ASP.NET only has out of the box support for C#, VB.NET, JavaScript

If this really is what you intend to do:
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/mcpp/helloworldmc.aspx

but you can only do that in pro methinks.

Sorry i forgot the <body> & </body> tags ,So that the code must be:

<%@Page Language = "C++"%><html><head><title>Welcome!</title></head><p align="center"><font color="RED" face="Snap ITC" size="12pt">Welcome to your New ASP.NET Page <br> "Using C++"</font></p></html><%@Page Language = "C++"%>
<html>
<head><title>Welcome!</title></head>
<body>
<p align="center"><font color="RED" face="Snap ITC" size="12pt">Welcome to your New ASP.NET Page <br> "Using C++"</font></p>
</body>
</html>

Um, what??????????

Obviously you cant create anything apart from executable C++ programs in Visual C++ Express!

To make ASP.NET (web) applications, you need Visual Web Developer instead. ASP.NET only has out of the box support for C#, VB.NET, JavaScript

If this really is what you intend to do:
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/mcpp/helloworldmc.aspx

but you can only do that in pro methinks.

But What about this Tutorial ,It says that You can write in ASP.NET
by any .NET language ,Giving "C++" in the Examples
http://www.dotnetspider.com/AspNet-Tutorial-25.aspx

By the way ,Can i do that using VC++.NET as it said? :D

I think i've to learn ASP.NET using VB.NET.

Advice me if it's Better to learn ASP.NET using C# or VB.NET

Thx for reading ,and patience :)

C# in my opinion. Thats what the majority of examples etc... are in (although lots are in both). either way, download Visual Web Developer. When you create a new web project, you can choose between C# or VB.NET

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.