Hi Everyone,

I am seeing the following error message whilst attempting to access a website that is hosted on my workstation computer (127.0.0.1)

Error Type:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server (0x80004005)
[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
C:\INETPUB\WWWROOT\INTRANET\..\connection.asp, line 12

If anybody can shed some light on this it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

David

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

if sql server is running on your local computer check that the shared memory protocol is enabled (using cliconfg). Check that the SQL Server service is started. Also, check how your connection string is trying to authenticate with the SQL server - eg if you are using trusted connection check that the user on the website is 'trusted' by sql server

I think either your connection string has the problem or the user has no permission to connect to the server.

Did you get any "Remote connection" type error?

Hi Everyone,

I am seeing the following error message whilst attempting to access a website that is hosted on my workstation computer (127.0.0.1)

Error Type:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server (0x80004005)
[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
C:\INETPUB\WWWROOT\INTRANET\..\connection.asp, line 12

If anybody can shed some light on this it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

David

I think the Username and password what you are adding in the connection string doesnt have enought rights or else the database name which u have provided is incorrect.

i think probably it might be problem in our connection string

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.