Hi Everyone,

I have a BIG problem right now. I am currently learning ASP.NET to fulfil my job role, as an IT Manager. Although I have programming experience in other languages, I have never done ASP.NET before. I am currently working on a website called [snipped].

I recently uploaded the website to a web host, but there seems to be a problem with the website. I have been trying to sort this problem out for over a week now, and it could be something small but it could also be something big. I have contacted the new web host on several occasions asking them what they think the problem might be or where to locate the source of the problem, however they keep advising me that "they are not developers" and "website debugging is not part of the service they offer", so I am stuck as you can imagine. If you visit the website using the link above, you will see the error message, but I have no idea what could be causing this error.

An educated guess from my side would be that the 4th line down in the error message is what is causing the error, where it says "packagepets.Global.Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e)....." but I am not 100% sure.

Please could you take a look and advise as appropriate, and please let me know if you require any other information. This is an URGENT matter now, so please respond swiftly.

Thanks in advance,
suley04

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Can you check the following

Did you create DSN connection string on the local machine
Ensur eyou have not added in user dsn
Make sure you have proper connection string www.connectionstrings.com

Your website looks good. Is this completely designed and developed by you?

Hi,

No, it wasn't designed by me, the company who designed it (e-cat partners) were "real pieces of work" and only had money on their mind at the time of development, and should be avoided at all costs.

However, we have moved on and thankfully never looked back since. Although we are still not totally happy with our site, we are currently in the best position we have ever been in.

But... in order to progress even further we have now decided to go Open Source. So, not only will you be seeing a new website soon under the same web address (snipped), but it will be built on an Open Source framework, a lot faster, a lot easier on the eye, and it will work like a dream.

So, keep an eye out for the new site, and thanks for all the help, it is very much appreciated! :-)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.