plz explain complete step by step procedure to insert update and delete for asp.net2008 with c# and in built sql server.
plz tell me where to make object & class.
I am confused.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

plz explain complete step by step procedure to insert update and delete for asp.net2008 with c# and in built sql server.
plz tell me where to make object & class.
I am confused.

Hi Rajendra,

Always split application, logic, database interaction in different layers for e.g. 3-tier architecture(Presentation - Data Access Layer - Database). So that it is easily maintainable in future.

If you are familiar with C#, you can
> First create a basic layout of ASP.NET application i.e. Design. Be sure what you want on what event.
> Create a database containing your tables, stored procedures and functions if any
> Create a new class library project containing Data Access Logic. In *.cs file you can write C# code.. You can add new item by right click on project and then choose add new item and select Code File.
> Add reference of DAL to ASP.NET application

Syntax: (Insert using query)

public static void insertRecordinDatabase(string query)

{

if (establishConnection())

{

if (con != null)

{

try

{

cmd = con.CreateCommand();                 //Create an object of sqlcommand class.

cmd.CommandText = query;                  //Pass command text to SqlCommand object.

cmd.CommandType = CommandType.Text;      //Tell command type to text.

int rows = cmd.ExecuteNonQuery();       //Return an integer value after executing query which represents number of row affected by query.

if (rows > 0)

Console.WriteLine("Number of rows affected by query  :  {0}", rows);

else

Console.WriteLine("No rows affected by your query.");

}

catch

{

Console.WriteLine("Invalid query.");

}

finally

{

if (con != null)

con.Close();

}

}

}

}

If you want to insert, update delete using SQLDataSource:
http://www.asp.net/data-access/tutorials/inserting-updating-and-deleting-data-with-the-sqldatasource-vb

Its simple, just read books. The truth is, not every detail can be explained to you here. We can help when you have difficulties while working

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.