I want to send the verification mail before the user can sign in for which I have written some code, but the problem if that it gives the error "Could not find a part of the path", but I cannot understand why it is giving the error. The error occurs while trying to read the .txt fle using StreamReader.

it says - Could not find a part of the path 'C:\JobPortal\EmailTemplates\VerifyNewUser.txt'.

but it should be searching at the following path -

http://localhost:49292/JobPortal/EmailTemplates/VerifyNewUser.txt

The code is pasted below:

protected void RegisterUser_CreatedUser(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        MembershipUser newUser = Membership.GetUser(RegisterUser.UserName);
        Guid newUserId = (Guid)newUser.ProviderUserKey;
        string urlBase = Request.Url.GetLeftPart(UriPartial.Authority) + Request.ApplicationPath;
        string verifyUrl = "/VerifyNewUser.aspx?ID=" + newUserId.ToString();
        string fullPath = urlBase + verifyUrl;
        string AppPath = Request.ApplicationPath;
        StreamReader sr = new StreamReader(AppPath + "/EmailTemplates/VerifyNewUser.txt");

MailMessage Mailmsg = new MailMessage();
        Mailmsg.IsBodyHtml = true;
        Mailmsg.From = new MailAddress("someidxxx@xxxxmail.com", "Jobs Portal Registration System");
        Mailmsg.To.Add(new MailAddress(RegisterUser.Email));
        Mailmsg.Subject = "New User Registration";

Mailmsg.Body = sr.ReadToEnd();
        sr.Close();

Mailmsg.Body = Mailmsg.Body.Replace("<%UserName%>", RegisterUser.UserName);
        Mailmsg.Body = Mailmsg.Body.Replace("<%VerificationUrl%>", fullPath);

SmtpClient mailclient = new SmtpClient();
        mailclient.EnableSsl = true;
        mailclient.Send(Mailmsg);
        //FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie(RegisterUser.UserName, false /* createPersistentCookie */);
    }

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Instead of ApplicationPath try Server.MapPath. This will give the location relative to the server files (within IIS or whatever server you are using) instead of the location of the files on disc ,which is what ApplicationPath is giving you.
Server.MapPath will give the location from localhost, instead of from the C drive.

Ya hercles told correct use server.mappath my notification is don`t forgot "~" symbol in front of path

string path=server.MapPath("~\your_file_name.Extension");
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.