I have a ASP.Net 2.0 web app in VB. I need to copy all relavant data for the current customer shown on the page from a menu action item. Then when the action has completed the copy methods, with a new Unique reference ID, I need to reload the same page with the relavant data of the new unique ID.

For instance,I have a contract for renewal. I open the contract and all the relavant data is diplayed. I select renew contract from a menu item and it calls the mehods to copy all the original data and creates a new unique contract ID. Once the copy is complete, the same page is reloaded with the new uniqueID and newly created data.

I have created all the copy procedures and fire them with the menu item. I am used to using Reponse.Redirect to open another form, but how do you re-open the same form with new information?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hello!
i didn't understand what you want but i can suggest to use response.redirect to the same page with querystring.
Best Regards!

That sounds like what I need, just not sure how.

Code looks like this.

Protected Sub MenuNav_MenuItemClick

Select Case MenuNav.SelectedItem.Text

Case "Create Renewal"
   Dim ContractID as Integer
   CopyContract(mwus.ContractID)

ContractID = GetRenewalID()

Response.Redirect("..\frmContract.aspx", False)

End Sub

if you are on http://youdomain.com/process.aspx?id=124&param2=val2 and after the post back you want to redirect to http://youdomain.com/process.aspx?id=982&param2=val2 yu can simply use

Response.Redirect("process.aspx?id="+var_id+"&param2="+var_param2value)

which i believe you already know but dont wanna do....
if you dont want to hard code the page name ( process.aspx ) then you can use Request.Path which will return you the page name i.e: "/process.aspx" without any querystring parameters.... you can append the parameter values later on the way you want.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.