Hi,

Not sure if I should post it here or in DB section. I am extending an application. This application generates a PDF file and stores it in a SQL Server Database table in a column of image datatype. My requirement is to read the data from this column and display it in excel format. Is there any way to do it? I did some research on google and most links point to using a third party class library. Is it possible to do it using VB.NET and SQL Server without using third party class lib (eg: itext).

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Regards
Binoy

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for stbuchok

I've only seen third party libraries for reading and writing PDF files. So, I'm saying no, use a third party lib.

Have a look at ABCpdf - it's documented for VB.NET and suitable for use under ASP.NET. The short example below generates a PDF document on the fly and shows how to get at the byte data...

Dim theDoc As Doc = New Doc()
theDoc.FontSize = 96
theDoc.AddText("Hello World")
Dim theData() As Byte = theDoc.GetData()

The data can then be streamed back to the user over HTTP or saved as a file.

There's also support for converting Excel documents, but I'm not sure I understood what you meant by storing the data in Excel format. How do you wish to present the PDF - as a link within an Excel document, or something else?

Hi To everybody,

My question is how to Converter PDF to Doc or Txt using C# Or VB.Net Code?

is it too much? for me it is, please i wait your help and i thanking you in advance.

regards,

Edmond

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.