Hi,

I am trying to populate a textbox with the database data taking in consideration the session state. Checking if the session variable has the same name as in database, it should display the rest of the information in text boxes. I have come up with the following code:

Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load

'Defining the variables

Dim sqlconnection As New MySqlConnection
        Dim sqlcommand As New MySqlCommand
        Dim dr As New MySqlDataReader

'Checks if the session has been generated and passed on from the login page

If Session("username") > "" Then
            lblwelcomenote.Text = "You are logged in as " & " " & Session("username")
        Else
            Response.Redirect("Default.aspx")
        End If

'Checks the connection string

sqlconnection.ConnectionString = ("server=localhost; database=medipoint; user id=root; password=1234;")

'Opening the connection

sqlconnection.Open()

'Select Query checking the session variable name exists in the database

sqlcommand.Connection = sqlconnection
        sqlcommand.CommandText = ("SELECT * FROM registeration WHERE username='" & Session("username") & "'")

'Reading the data from the database

dr = sqlcommand.ExecuteReader()

dr.Read()

'Data put into the text boxes

txtfirstname.Text = dr(0).ToString
        txtlastname.Text = dr(1).ToString
        txtemail.Text = dr(2).ToString
        txtpassword.Text = dr(3).ToString

End Sub

This code gives me an error. The error is given below:

'MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.Friend Sub New(cmd As MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand, statement As MySql.Data.MySqlClient.PreparableStatement, behavior As System.Data.CommandBehavior)' is not accessible in this context because it is 'Friend'

Can anyone please help me with this? What does this error mean. With the description it seems that it is giving me an error with mysqldatareader variable dr.

Any help regarding this code will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Bilal A. Khan

I have found the solution. Repalce the following:

Dim dr As New MySqlDataReader

with

Dim dr As MySqlDataReader

The code will start working.

Regards,

Bilal A. Khan

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.