1) On the page_load event, Bind the dropdownlist to a database using
SqlConnection conn = new SqlConnection("blablabla");
SqlDataAdapter ddAdapter = new SqlDataAdapter("SELECT * FROM products", conn);
DataSet ds = new DataSet();
ddAdapter.Fill(ds);

2) On the DropDownList1_selectedIndexChanged,
- When user select a value (the productName) from the dropdownlist
- All the database value will load on their specific labels (label1, label2)
- When user clicks the button (button1), it'll calculate total amount of already selected items' value and display on same label (label1, label2)

productID productName productPrice(label1) productBalance(label2)
1Car 2.3 400
2 Pencil Null 33
3 Eraser 22 0

SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand("SELECT * FROM products WHERE productID = @id", conn);
cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@id", myValue); 
SqlDataReader dr = cmd.ExecuteReader();

if (dr.Read())
    {
        Label1ext = dr["productPrice"].ToString();
        Label2.Text = dr["productBalance"].ToString();
    }

//TO COUNT TOTAL
//totalNum needs to be the number of items that were selected on DropDownList1
int i = 0;
int totalNum = 0;

while (i <= totalNum)
{

}

So if user's first selection is "Car" on the dropdownlist and the second selection is "Eraser",
when the button is clicked it'll calculate 2.3 + 22 for label1 and 400 + 0 for label2 and display.
I have googled search for solutions but I'm not so sure if it works right. Can someone lend me a helping hand? Am I anywhere near it or totally wrong lmao

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

@snoowball

I have googled search for solutions but I'm not so sure if it works right. Can someone lend me a helping hand? Am I anywhere near it or totally wrong lmao

what solution? You only show half of the code.

@lastmitch i'm not sure how to end it. for now, i just need to know if i'll be able to get the following below
"So if user's first selection is "Car" on the dropdownlist and the second selection is "Eraser",
when the button is clicked it'll calculate 2.3 + 22 for label1 and 400 + 0 for label2 and display.
"

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.