Hi all, Does anybody know how can i convert from Html to PDF in ASP.NET ?

I need a componnent which does it for under 200$.

I've tested out a few dll's but they all seem to cost 1000$+ !!!

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

There are number of open-source APIs. Try htmldocs.

ABCpdf. Commercial ASP.NET component with Built-in support for HTML, CSS, and Flash. Free licenses available through a special offer on the vendor's site.

abcPDF are a bit pricey aren't they? everything is above 1000$...

htmldocs need to run in a seperate process right? i would preffer to have a simple .NET dll
does anybody know anything like that?

abcPDF are a bit pricey aren't they? everything is above 1000$...

That sounds odd. Where are you getting your prices from?

htmldocs need to run in a seperate process right? i would preffer to have a simple .NET dll
does anybody know anything like that?

There can be some advantages to running tasks under a separate process. For example, if a process becomes unstable you can probably just kill it before it hangs your app. Worth considering in a multi-user environment like ASP.NET? Also, running tasks within separate processes can help isolate them. And processes can be assigned their own identities and security permissions.

Does HTMLDOC support right to left languages like Hebrew and Arabic?

Actually i don't know about the RTL languages...
The prices are from the ABCPdf prices page. I need a web-farm lisence and its around 900$+...

i found something called http://www.htmltopdfasp.net and judging by what they offer, it looks very good... they are under 100$ but its only limited to ASP.NET anyway i'll give them a try and let you know

Try "PDFsharp". PDFsharp is a .NET library which easily creates and processes PDF documents on the fly from any .NET language.

Do you know how i can create my own component by any chance?

I suggest you to try iTextSharp.

Hi Anna,
Thanks for the reply.
iTextSharp is just the PDF writer. its good for the rendering but how do i translate all the HTML elements into PDF elements... i need some kind of an HTML renderer. Got any ideas how i can find an HTML renderer with an override / event for something like "DrawElement" or "DrawText" etc... ?

Select.Pdf offers a Community Edition (FREE) of the powerful Html To Pdf Converter for .NET that can be found in the full featured pdf library Select.Pdf for .NET. The free html to pdf converter offers most of the features the professional sdk offers, the only notable limitation is that it can only generate pdf documents up to 5 pages long.

http://selectpdf.com/community-edition/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.