Hello Experts,

First of all I don't know if i am on the right track.If I am not please suggest your best,easy options :)

What I am trying to do is the following.

I have a web page which is included with textboxes
I have also a database inside there is the following informations

Devices   Feature1 Feature2
Device1    10         15000
Device2    15         12000

Ok Feature1 input will be the

TextBox1.Text

Feature2 input will be the

TextBox2.Text

input

For Example user will write 12 to the textbox1 and will click to "calculate" button
Output will be transforming the label into Result is Device2 text because the number is less then Feature1 in device2

I have tried with gridview but i am totally lost, how i will do that ? I will be needed also a loop for showing each possible device in the result. For example if 9 is written inside TextBox1 the output label should show Device1 and Device2 :)

Waiting your precious responses :)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I have got your point you basically want to filter the results on basis of textbox.First of all if you are using list binding this it is very simple
on calculate just write some function like

gridView.DataSource=lst.where(x->x.Feature1>int.parse(TextBox1.Text)).ToList();
gridView.DataBind();

Hope it helps

Thank you Wasim that was what i have been looking for but not knowing how to search it :) filtering results basis of textbox :) anyway i found the following link helpful

[http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/26969/GridView-Multiple-Filter-AJAX-Control]

Now I want that it shows the gridview only when I click to a button.
Should i have to do gridview1.enable or something like that under the button.clicked event ?

gridview.visible =false 

on page load

gridview.visible=true

on button click solved the problem

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.