I'm developing a web appication using ASP.NET and VB.NET.
In my application im using ajax control tool kit.
this is what happned to me...
I load data to my AJAX combo box. But when it dropped down, there is a gap between combo box and dropped down list. I search through internet about this. But I couldn't find a proper solution. These are solutions according to forms.
1. It was mensioned a DIV tag issue and then I reomved it. DOESN'T WORK.
2. This link http://jinath.wordpress.com/2013/01/22/ajax-combobox-result-list-position-problem/ also not worked.
above link code is

<style>
.WindowsStyle .ajax__combobox_itemlist
{position:inherit !important; }
</style>

instead of inherit I added "static". It worked. (Position is ok) But after clicking arrow of the combo box below controllers pushed down and it takes a space for drop down list.

If I added asp dropdownlist instead of Ajax combo box, it worked well. (It means dropdown list appear in right position) But in my case it must add a Ajax combo box.

Please show me some direction for solving my problem.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

load data to my AJAX combo box. But when it dropped down, there is a gap between combo box and dropped down list.

@weeraa

That has something to do with CSS.

Can you post an image of the combo box?

I just want to see how much gap?

If you can provide the relevant HTML that is generated, we can take a look at what style can be applied to address the issue. Right click view source-only the relevant HTML is needed.

Thank you very much both LastMitch and JorgeM for your reply. This is what happened. I added a panel and it's style sheet has position:absolute. That was the problem. After i removed it, my issue is OK.

Sounds good. So an <asp:panel> control will render as a <div> HTML element for anyone else that may have a similar issue.

Thank you for the update, glad your issue was resolved.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.