Hi. I have created two tables :Artist and Song .Artist table has fields Artistid and ArtistName and Song table has SongID, Lyrics,Description and Artistid as the secondary key.I have a web form wherein i m using a label with the name "lyrics" . I want to enter lyrics in html text editor so that later i can change fonts and styles . I wanted to know the html code for the text editor .
Someone please help . I need it urgently .

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Do you mean this?, it's quite downloadable application written by people who are into this stuff. This might help you. WYSWIG are applications which would automatically format text for you, so it looks normal at first as you type.

No i do not want to use an existing Text editor, I actually want to write html code for text editor in which i shall be able to enter lyrics after running the program .

Hi , I am using HTML editor using the AJAX control toolkit .Now the next thing is that whatever text i enter in the html text editor , it should show in database .For example ,I am entering lyrics in the text editor so the lyrics should appear in the song table that has lyrics field. I have writted the following code but it does not work. Someone please help .I need this urgently .

HTML Source code :

<tr> 
    <td> 
    <label>Lyrics:</label>&nbsp;&nbsp;
     <asp:ToolkitScriptManager ID="ToolkitScriptManager1" runat="server">
     </asp:ToolkitScriptManager>
     <cc1:Editor ID="Editor1"  Width="450px" Height="400px" runat="server" /> <br />
     </td> 
    </tr> 
    <tr> 
     <tr>
    <td> 
    <p align="center"> 
    <asp:Button runat="server" Text="Submit" ID="btnSubmitSong" onclick="btnSubmitSong_Click"/>
    </p> 
    </td> 
    </tr>

and in code behind :

protected void btnSubmitSong_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        Songs oSong = new Songs(strcon);
        oSong.Where.Description.Value = txtDescription.Value;
        if (!oSong.Query.Load())
        {
            oSong.AddNew();
            oSong.s_Description = txtDescription.Value;
            oSong.s_Lyrics = Editor1.Content; 
            oSong.Save();

}
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.