Just a couple of problems I'm working on-- can anyone help. Thanks.

1. You are making changes to an existing ASP.NET application. The application contains a DataSet object, dsProspect. The page you are changing displays prospect data from the dsProspect DataSet and includes an Update button. You define a new DataSet named dsStudent, and add this line of code to the Click event handler of the Update button:
dsStudent = dsProspect.GetChanges();

Which statement represents the result of executing this line of code?

A. The dsProspect DataSet will contain only modified rows
B. The dsStudent DataSet will contain all rows from the dsProspect DataSet.
C. The dsStudent DataSet will contain all modified rows from the dsProspect DataSet
D. An error will occur because the statement is not syntactically correct

2. Your ASP.NET application tracks donations for a non-profit agency. The application contains a Web Form, which displays all donations in a DataGrid control, DonorGrid. The data grid contains seven columns: lname, fname, donationdate, donationdesc, dtype, dsubtype, and damount.
Your data resides in a SQL Server 2000 database and is available through a DataSet, named dsDonor.
You want to allow users to sort the data in the grid. When a user clicks a button, you want the data in the grid to be sorted descending by damount, and then sorted alphabetically by lname and fname. You decide to use a DataView object to accomplish this.

Which code fragment should you use?

DataView dv = new DataView();
dv.Table = dsDonor.Tables[0];
dv.ApplyDefaultSort = true;
DonorGrid.DataSource = dv;
DonorGrid.DataBind();

OR

dv.Sort = "damount DESC, lname, fname";
DonorGrid.DataBind();

OR

dv.Sort = "lname, fname, damount DESC";
DonorGrid.DataBind();

OR

dv.Sort[1] = "damount DESC";
dv.Sort[2] = "lname ASC, fname ASC";
DonorGrid.DataBind();

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Sorry, I don't know ASP ... this is a question for either Tekmaven or for inscissor. I just thought I'd congratulate you on being our 500th member ;)

You might want to check out all of the ASP resources we have links to ...
I know there are a few ASP tutorials / reference guides mixed in

I like your post, below your question answers
1). Correct answer is C (The dsStudent DataSet will contain all modified rows from the dsProspect DataSet)

Returns a copy of the DataSet that contains all changes made to it since it was loaded or AcceptChanges was last called.

2). Correct answer is 2. this is

dv.Sort = "damount DESC, lname, fname";
DonorGrid.DataBind();

commented: Don't resurrect dead threads. -2
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.