Hello,

May be the there is a very simple solution for my problem, but I am stuck on this for 2 days already. May be I had been looking at the wrong places...I would really appreciate any kinds of helps....feeling really frustrated right now.

You see, for my project at first I have to convert a MS Access table to SQL Server (2008). No matter how I am searching, I am only getting results for converting a MS Accss 'database' to a SQL 'database'. But our company already has an existing SQL database. I just want to convert one MS Access 'table' to SQL Server (2008) 'table'.

Any suggestions, please? Thank you in advance!!!!

PS: sorry if I've posted my thread in wrong place :/

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I am only getting results for converting a MS Accss 'database' to a SQL 'database'. ...... I just want to convert one MS Access 'table' to SQL Server (2008) 'table'.

What is the difference ?

commented: none +5

You can simply use the Import and Export wizard in SQL server Management studio

If I use the Import and Export wizard then I have to create a whole NEW database in SQL server. But our project already has an existing database. I am looking for a way to convert/marge that one single Access table to SQL table....without creating a new database.

Thank you!!!!

Try to export the access table into a CSV file and import/load the same in SQL Server.

If I use the Import and Export wizard then I have to create a whole NEW database in SQL server. But our project already has an existing database. I am looking for a way to convert/marge that one single Access table to SQL table....without creating a new database.

Thank you!!!!

You can create a new database (if you have the necessary rights), and get the table from there:

select * into tablename from newdb.dbo.tablename

If you don't have the necessary rights on the server, then I guess you can always create the table manually and use Access with an Append Query to insert the data on a linked table, but it's way easier to just create a new db, get your data and drop the db.

Thank you for the idea.....i didn't know I can do that. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.