Hey guys, I am a beginner at MS Access and I was wondering if anyone knew of any good sites that hold good examples and methodologies using MS Access. Let me know.

And is it better to learn MS Access before attempting SQL?

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hey guys, I am a beginner at MS Access and I was wondering if anyone knew of any good sites that hold good examples and methodologies using MS Access. Let me know.

Thanks.

Wow..not a single person sent a reply.

Maybe that's because no one loves Ms Access enough to build a site around it. :mrgreen: I never touch it anymore myself, but you can Google on "using ms access" and get plenty of how tos.

As far as learning Access before SQL, if you mean learning Access before using it as a front end to connect to an MSSql database, then I suppose you should. If however you mean learning about SQL as Structured Query Language, then the two really have nothing in common. IOW Ms Access does not lead into
or prepare you for learning SQL. Also, I would not use MS as a source for learning SQL. SQL is an international standard and MS always feels they can bend the standards to improve them. If you end up using MSSql then this is fine, but if want to use any of the great free dbs out there or competitors for that matter, they won't comply with MS's "improvements".

In my opinion ... No it is not easier to learn SQL by learning Access first. The two are entirely different applications/programs/databases (if you can call Access that).

My best advice is to pick up SAM's Learn SQL in 10 minutes book and you will get up to speed in a very short time.

Hope this helps!

You should try Microsoft's web site as they maintain a site for msot of their recent versions. Or Just ue google or yahoo to search.
You may find some howto articles at this site:
http://www.kayodeok.btinternet.co.uk/favorites/kbofficeaccesshowto.htm

mysorian :rolleyes:

Thanks.

Access will NOT work on a Wireless LAN, at least not on the ones i have tried.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.