I write programs using VB as the front end with Ms Access as the back end( database), and i will love to switch my back end to oracle ( so i think of starting from 9i).Please does anyone have the note or documentation I can read on my own in other to make use of it.

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

If you just looking for general tutorials there many on net like these
, if you want direct documents from Oracle this should do it for you

I wonder why he didn't simply look at Oracle's website where he'd have found out that the current production version is 11, 10 is still supported, and 9 long gone.
He'd also have found complete product documentation, as well as product downloads for development and testing (but NOT operational) use.

If you create the database with same structure in oracle then you only need to change the Connection string for opening the connection in Vb. Rest all are remains the same and you can use the advantages of procedures & functions

Thanks to all that reply to my question. Please, as i said before I developed using Ms-access as the back end. Please I need some documentation or someone who can put me through how to connect VB with oracle. Thanks

RTFM. It's all there on Oracle's website and in the server documentation.
Complete with examples telling you how to do it step by step, almost going so far as to teach you VB in the process.

If you're too lazy to read that, or too stupid to understand it, you're wasting our time here asking questions as you'd either not read and/or fail to understand the answers.

jwenting: i really appreciate your contribution. Firstly I will do as you said but mind you, you are not the only one in here that am asking for assistance so you dont need to be too rude (If you're too lazy to read that, or too stupid to understand it) when asked for help. so learn how to address to stranger "idiot".
Secondly, debasisdas and peter_budo i really appreciate u. u are the really man, please i need to know more about you. u both made me to understand that the site is really made for intelligent people not not idiot. thanks alot. please if you still have more to give for assistant, i will wellcome it.

You need to be more specific about your problem, because if you ask about how to connect VB with oracle we can only point various tutorials that you need to check out. However if you say this is may code and here i'm having problem and these are errors I'm getting that is different matter. So pleasy if you can provide detailed problem that would be great

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.