Hello everyone,

I have installed oracle 9i and iam unable to open sqlplus with scott and tiger. I tried many other usernames and passwords like system/manager, sys/sys as sysdba, sys/change_on_install but iam unable to login sqlplus. With scott/tiger, it is giving TNS protocal adapter error and with sys/sys as sysdba, it is showing invalid username and password. I need help. Reply me as soon as possible.
Thanx..

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

you need to set the password for sys and system users at the time of installation and the scott user account will be initially locked you need tpo log in to system or sys account to unlock the scott user.

Hi

I guess when you performed the install you created a database? If not then use the Database Configuration Assistant to create the database.

If you did create a database at installation time then you would have been prompted to enter a password for SYS and SYSTEM.

If you are on windows check that the oracle services are running. Check that you have an entry in the tnsnames.ora file for your database and that the listener is running.

Once all that is in place you should be able to connect to Oracle.

Alistair

Is possible that the default password has been set: try sqlplus sys/CHANGE_ON _INSTALL as sysdba

Anyway you need to have the database listener ON. In Windows try to begin the service. In unix try $ORACLE_HOME/bin/dbstart.

As somebody says, if you try to access throught network connection, you need to configure listener.ora in $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/listener.ora with the parameters you need and restart the database.

Hope it works.

it is very simple. First u connect with SYS/ORACLE AS SYSDBA then type STARTUP FORCE after complete this process, type this CONN SCOTT/TIGER@YOUR_DATABASE_NAME

Note: for this you must know your global database name which you entered during installation because that is YOUR_DATABASE_NAME.

I have installed oracle 9i and iam unable to open sqlplus with scott and tiger. I tried many other usernames and passwords like system/manager, sys/sys as sysdba, sys/change_on_install but iam unable to login sqlplus. With scott/tiger, it is giving TNS protocal adapter error and with sys/sys as sysdba, it is showing invalid username and password. I need help. Reply me as soon as possible.
Thanx..

Have you set any password for sys or system account during installation phase ?

check your oracle services, whether service is running or not.
if survice is running then check ORACLE_SID.

commented: utterly irrelevant, thread hijacker -2

don't feed the thread hijacker

Hello everyone,

I have installed oracle 10g and iam unable to open sqlplus with scott and tiger. I tried many other usernames and passwords like system/manager, sys/sys as sysdba, sys/change_on_install but iam unable to login sqlplus. With scott/tiger, it is giving TNS protocal adapter error and with sys/sys as sysdba, it is showing invalid username and password. I need help. Reply me as soon as possible.
Thanx..

hello i need user name and password of isql plus

plese send very fast

commented: that's not how we do things here -3

Yeah, it is on the way.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.