I was wondering if anyone out could help me with a problem I'm having.

I have been asked at my job to set up a purchase order database and one of hte things they want is when a purchase order form is filled out, instead of the data going into the table datasheet, it is emailed onto the manager where he can approve the purchase order which is then sent back to the database.

To make matters worse, I've no experience with programming code so I don't know where to start with this problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards.
Phive.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You need two tables. One is for the temporary file sent to the manager. The other is the permanent table, under the control of the manager. The manager then merges the record into the main table.

You need two tables. One is for the temporary file sent to the manager. The other is the permanent table, under the control of the manager. The manager then merges the record into the main table.

That's a good idea that I never actually thought of. Thanks.

But I was wondering do you know how to make the email that will be sent with the approval button embedded into it, kinda like the one's you get when you register for a forum and it asks you to activate the account. Something along those lines, if you get my drift.

You don't send an email with a button.

You send the temporary file to the manager as an attachment. Then the manager does the appending.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.