Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on a assignment and have to write a short (max 3 lines) definition on some different kinds of queries. I've written a definition to all of them but I'm having a really hard time about one particular query: Scan Query.

I've tried to look in my books, by notes, my everything and Google, but I can't seem to find a concrete answer. There are many tutorials about "scanning a query" or scan and then query but nothing on the term "Scan Query".

Is there anyone there has a link for an article / webpage or itself can give, just a very brief and precise definition?

Thanks
- Mestika

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I found typing SCAN QUERY into Wikipedia's search box brought back a number of interesting results. As you seem to be a student, prehaps a little investigation might be in order.

I found typing SCAN QUERY into Wikipedia's search box brought back a number of interesting results. As you seem to be a student, prehaps a little investigation might be in order.

Thank you for your reply.

I can assure you that I have made some investigation before asking here but thanks for your suggestion.

I've, however, found some articles regarding the sequential query scan which has sufficed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.