i m facing problem while conencting with sql server mangemnet studio

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

i m facing problem while conencting with sql server mangemnet studio

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

You posted this in the wrong category. It should be in the SQL Server category instead.

Hello
I've got a problem, I have a Oracle db in a Windows 2003 server, the server has already installed the framework 2.0, and in the same server I published a web site in asp.net 2005, and this site should connect to the oracle db, but when you open any page which execute the following lines

cmdComando = New OracleCommand
cmdComando.Connection = New OracleConnection( string of connection)
cmdComando.Connection.Open()

Then, I get the message
"A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server....."
I don't undersand why appears this message,
When I connect to this database from my source code in my pc, this works, this can connect normally but not from the published site.

Could help me please
Thanks in advance

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.