I am supposed to create a hotel reservation system that allows you to make a reservation either with a hotel package or without and calculate billing. However I am at lost for where to begin. I have made a couple of sorry attempts but I am having problems identifyind the tables that are needed and getting them related. Since this is supposed to be generic, general design suggestion would be greatly appreciated heres what i have come up with so far.I think I have the basic concept but wil I be ale to query for available room easily which this approach?

Agent
Agent_Id Pk
Agent_Fname
Agent_Lname

Rooms
Room_Id Pk
Room_Num
Room_Type

Room_Rates
Room_Num Pk
Room_Rates Pk
Room_Type

Reservations
Reservation_Id Pk
Guest_Id
Agent_Id
Room_Num
Package_Id
Arrival
Checkout

Package
Package_Id Pk
Package_Type

Guests
Guest_Id Pk
GuestFName
GuestLName
Guest_Address

Facility Charges
Reservation_Id Pk
ChargeDate Pk
Facility_Id
Charge_Amt

Bill
Bill_Id Pk
Guest_Id
Reservation_Id
Subtotal
Finaltotal
Payment Method
Expiration Date

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

hey im currently designing a reservation system using microsoft access and i would have to say its the hardest database system ive ever have to create. If you like i can send you a copy of what ive done allready. my email address if brad@maximumevolution.com.au

PACKAGES

PackageID
PackageName
PackageCostpernight
PackageDetails

ROOMS

RoomID

etc...

GUESTS

GuestID
GuestName

etc....

AGENTS

AgentID
AgentName

etc...

RESERVATIONS

RoomID
PackageID
AgentID
GuestID
NumberOfDays

the ones in bold form a composite key so that one guest may pay for many rooms and packages e.g if they change or are paying for friends

? something like that?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.