Hi guys I need some help again.I am designing a web site for a small hotel.The site is done I have a form to check room availability.When I click on a small calendar img the calendar pops up and I can insert dates of arrival and departure.I also have some input boxes where I manually insert other data. I have created a database and I have tables like guests,rooms,bookings etc. What I cannot figure out is 1)How can I retrieve which rooms are available by clicking the submit button(must be some php code involved).I have searched Internet exstensively but could not find a clue on how to design a table showing say the dates for a whole month and the rooms available on a certain day.2)If a succeed in getting over this how do I insert the reservation data in more than 1 table so that everything is updated at the same time? This is more than I can handle at this time so I would appreciate if somebody could tell me exactly what to do whithout assuming that I know more than I do which is very little so far, I have this problem when I look at various tutorials.Also a lot of times I realiza that the code in these tutorials are old and not compatible with my
version of php 5.4.Thank you very much.

I'm not sure about php, but I'm sure you'll find a couple of threads about resource availability in here (Databases category).
About inserting to more than 1 table, use a stored procedure.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.