Hi need some help. Some time ago I created a database and tables doing a tutorial. After I deleted the tables(don't remember why)and now all I have is a database with no tables. Trying to clean up my db I wanted to drop the DB but get this error:
ERROR 1010 (HY000): Error dropping database (can't rmdir 'argie_tamera', errno:41). I aldo have another db with no tables named testing.So I tried to create a table for other tutorial but get an error message that says I have to delete the tablespace before creating another table.I don't remember the name of the table so what can I do I only have an empty db.Thanks for your help.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

I don't remember the name of the table so what can I do I only have an empty db.Thanks for your help.

I think it's best to start over again with your databse remove everything. What you just mention, it's really hard for anyone to help your situation. It's has nothing to do any coding, the issue you are having is more related setting up the database.

Hi I did that I deleted everything and reinstalled it but no change I still got a few empty databases and keep getting same error trying to delete them.Any other idea?

Member Avatar for LastMitch

Any other idea?

@Fiorentino01^

I don't think there's any other option I can give you base on the error:

ERROR 1010 (HY000): Error dropping database (can't rmdir 'argie_tamera', errno:41). 

I guess do you have a back up of the preivous database & table. Try to reinstalled using the preivous database & table.

I think that will give more detail on how you came up with that error.

Hi I don't have a backup unfortunately.But now I have another problem.While I was trying to delete the empty databases I screwed up and messed up phpMyAdmin.Now it blocks and does not work, I need to completely remove it.I searched on the web but nothing works.I don't have apache just phpMyAdmin,workbench and of course MySQL.My phpMyAdmin version is 3.5 something, how do I remove it? Since I am not too expert could you tell me step by step how to do it? I don't see it anywhere(Control Panel, C drive etc)its like a ghost program, drives me crazy, somebody warned me about getting into databases now is too late I spent too much time studying I want to learn it.Thank you

My phpMyAdmin version is 3.5 something, how do I remove it

phpMyAdmin is just a folder in your web-root. You can just delete that folder and install a new one. You must have Apache (or IIS) otherwise phpMyAdmin couldn't have worked.

Hi, I found the folder and deleted it.After I reinstalled phpMyAdmin vers.4.0.6 but still have same problem, cannot delete empty databases.I even reinstalled MySQL but nothing.I read that I am supposed to go into config.ini file and set drop database to true.Problem is I cannot find this file, I looked everywhere,can you tell me how to get there? Thank you.

Which config file are you referring to? The MySQL one is called MY.INI, the one from phpMyAdmin should be in it's root folder.

I found the config file in phpMyAdmin is called config-sample.inc and I have configured it.I still cannot find MySQL config file I looked everywhere,anyway the problem is still there cannot delete the empty db so I'll give up for now thanks for your help I appreciate it.I'll mark solved because something has been solved,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.