I have an Access 2007 file that I was working on at my office. I left for the day and the database was still open. When I came back the next day the system had shut off so I rebooted (no issues). I tried to open the database and am getting the error message: "Unrecognized database format 'C:....\filename.mdb"

I cannot get into the file, I cannot Compact/Repair it either. Anyone have any suggestion on how to get the data "out" I have tried using Access External Data, Creating an new DB and importing the broken file but I cannot get past the error message.

I can open previous versions of the same database.

I really need to get the data. I can attached the file if someone can figure out what to do with it??

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi, maybe one of the hard drive sectors in which the file was registered got corrupted, you could try to fix the issues through scandisk.

First one apply short guide, second make use of http://www.mdb.openfiletool.com/ MDB Open File Tool

• Launch the Microsoft Access application, but do not try to open the corrupted MDB file.
• Go to "Tools" in the top menu bar, expand the "Database Utilities" submenu and select the "Compact and Repair Database" option if you are using Access 2002 or 2003. If you are using Access 2007 or 2010, you can find the "Compact and Repair Database" option by clicking the Microsoft Office button and going to the "Manage" menu.
• Highlight the MDB file that you want to restore and click the "Compact" button.
• Enter a name for a new database file, which will contain the restored data from the damaged MDB file.
• Navigate to the location on your hard drive where you want to save the restored version of the file.
• Click the "Save" button. Access will now compact and repair the MDB file and save a restored version in the location you selected.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.