Hello everyone, I have an Access question.

I have two date fields (field 1 & field 2), and both are formatted for "General Date". Since they are used in a calculation of Date and time, I need both segments to be entered.

What expression can I input into the "Validation Rule" field in the "Field Properties" section of the Design View page so that the rule doesn't allow data unless it is mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm am/pm? The users are entering one part or another, but not both, and I would like to prevent that. I have seen validation rules for date or time, but not both.

Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks again,

Regards,

Horacio

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You can specify how the date & time (or whatever) are entered by entering it in "input mask". It can be really frustrating for some people, though, because their input will be refused until they get it right. Give them an example if possible.

Hello everyone, I have an Access question.

I have two date fields (field 1 & field 2), and both are formatted for "General Date". Since they are used in a calculation of Date and time, I need both segments to be entered.

What expression can I input into the "Validation Rule" field in the "Field Properties" section of the Design View page so that the rule doesn't allow data unless it is mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm am/pm? The users are entering one part or another, but not both, and I would like to prevent that. I have seen validation rules for date or time, but not both.

Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks again,

Regards,

Horacio

Hi...

u can make ur own "input mask" in the design field
open the side button which is on right of the input mask:
Follow this

Edit List
Make Add new by pressing "*"

Description: New Format "depend upon u...."
Input Mask: 00/00/0000 00:00 >LL
Place Holder: _
Sample Data: 03/30/2007 10:30 AM
Mask Type: Date-Time

Click Close
Next
Finish

'' that means u r fixing the format the that particular field"

Try this and reply me.. is problem

bye....
Rupesh

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.