hi friends!
From my Microsoft Access form I would like to hyperlink to a pdf document. At present each record contains a document name and a full file path to where the document is stored. I would like to open adobe Reader and view the specified document.

please give me tips regarding this.If possible explain with codes.
Thanku in advance.

Elanch

Hi, to do this, insert a hyperlink by pressing ctrl + k, and then select the file you want to open, but make sure u dont change the location of the pdf file after uve created the hyperlink.

hope this helps

This opens your file with the default registered program in Windows.

Put this in a bas module (in 1 line):

Public Declare Function ShellExecute Lib "shell32.dll" Alias "ShellExecuteA" (ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal lpOperation As String, ByVal lpFile As String, ByVal lpParameters As String, ByVal lpDirectory As String, ByVal nShowCmd As Long) As Long
Public Const SW_SHOW = 1

'***********************************
'Put this in a command button in your form

ShellExecute Me.hwnd, "open", "C:\Carpeta\Manual.pdf", "", "", SW_SHOW

hi friends!
From my Microsoft Access form I would like to hyperlink to a pdf document. At present each record contains a document name and a full file path to where the document is stored. I would like to open adobe Reader and view the specified document.

please give me tips regarding this.If possible explain with codes.
Thanku in advance.

Elanch

Hi guys, i cant run this code on 64x bit systems! any sollution or ideas?

thx in advance,
Dani

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.