Hi,

I am a student on my year work placement and I have been asked to develop a web based database for a company. I think my design is ok but I am a bit confused in a part...

The company wish to save emails in the database to and from customers, is this possible or how would i go about doing this? I have read quite a lot but i can't find anything that is what i need. It is not that the emails will hold information for an order specifically, there will not ba a email form or template, just generally saving the messages and dates etc. so other members of staff know what has been said to the customer etc.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

i realise i didnt word that question very well...

basically all im asking is, is there a way of saving emails to a database table? and how would i do it?

Thanks!

You can store the details of the mails in a separate table with fileds like date,from,subject, contents ect.

You can store the details of the mails in a separate table with fileds like date,from,subject, contents ect.

Thanks but, how would I make the connection between the database and Outlook? :S

I'm beginning to think, I'm thinking about this problem is more complicated than it is.

Thanks but, how would I make the connection between the database and Outlook? :S

I'm beginning to think, I'm thinking about this problem is more complicated than it is.

The best thing to do is to ask for clarification, if they want you to integrate it into Outlook or their e-mail server I think thats a bit beyond just Database design.

would using SQL Mail work?
would this need a whole database dedicated to it or would I be able to use a table within my databasefor this?

any ideas greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.