Hey guys,

i'm fairly new to ajax, and today discovered that javascript files won't fire within an ajax loader.

my problem: i've built a web application using a mixture of javascript, ajax, and html. however this is designed to go on a page that already takes a little time to load.
So i thought' id do a:

<body onload="ajaxLoader('file.php','holder')" >

javascript:

function ajaxLoader(url,id) { 
               if (document.getElementById) { 
                    var x = (window.ActiveXObject) ? new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP") : new XMLHttpRequest(); 
               } 
               if (x) { 
                    x.onreadystatechange = function() { 
                         if (x.readyState == 4 && x.status == 200) { 
                              el = document.getElementById(id); 
                              el.innerHTML = x.responseText; 
                         } 
                    } 
                    x.open("GET", url, true); 
                    x.send(null); 
               } 
          }

this works fine it loads the php file but doesnt import the javascript files.

i've got 3 javascript files that i need to use within the 'mini app' how do i load these javascript files within the application?

any help greatly recieved

Andy.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I don't see the point in loading files with the onload event; thats not the point of ajax but anywayz your javascript files load as string objects so wat you want to do is the use the eval function to execute the script

The reason i want it loading on body is because the app is not the important data, i dont want it to start loading until the rest of the page has loaded.

So i should be using Object.eval() to execute the 3 extra javascript files or using the eval on the ajax div at the start?

thanks for getting back to me :)

Andy.

paste the javascript code u want to load here and I'll tell u how to have it work

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.