hi friends,
I m new to javascript and asp.net .
Is anyone knows what is the exact problem?

// This is asp.net snippet
<marquee id="marqueeLeft" class="marqueestyle" direction="up" onmouseout="this.start();" onmouseover="this.stop();"
                            scrolldelay="500" style="height: 99px; width: 100%;"  >
                            <asp:PlaceHolder ID="LeftPlaceHolder" runat="server"></asp:PlaceHolder>
                       </marquee>

When I moved the pointer to this <marquee> tag.
It shows the error message "Validation (xhtml 1.0 transitional) element marquee is not supported".
When i run my web app it runs successfully
but it gives jscript error as System.Argument Exception as value for controls and behaviors must not be null.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Hey

The <marquee> tag is not a valid (X)HTML tag, which is why your IDE (Visual Studio, I assume) tells you it is not supported in XHTML.
It's an old IE tag that was never accepted into the standards.

ut it gives jscript error as System.Argument Exception as value for controls and behaviors must not be null.

I won't pretend I'm an expert on .Net, but I seem to remember something about the AjaxToolkit not being able to populate the <asp:PlaceHolder> tags. Something about their names changing, or something like that.

Try replacing that with simething else, like a <asp:Label> . (I think that one exists in .Net, right? xD)

Hey

The <marquee> tag is not a valid (X)HTML tag, which is why your IDE (Visual Studio, I assume) tells you it is not supported in XHTML.

I won't pretend I'm an expert on .Net, but I seem to remember something about the AjaxToolkit not being able to populate the <asp:PlaceHolder> tags. Something about their names changing, or something like that.

Try replacing that with simething else, like a <asp:Label> . (I think that one exists in .Net, right? xD)

Thanks for reply .
I have tried for the label without using placeholder. But it is not possible.
Because according to no of news i have to create no of different labels with their id

Validation (XHTML 1.0 Transitional): Element 'marquee' is not supported.
i have got the same problem??
can somebody help????

As said before. No way to validate a marquee tag in XHTML. You can change it to a div and use javascript/jquery to mimic the behaviour, that will pass validation.

hey thank you for your help but can you elaborate a little in the form of a code?

thank you..appreciate you for your help!!!

MEMSG.To = GetData(tsqlemail)

the ERROR i get is :::::::::::::Property 'To' is 'ReadOnly'.

how do i correct this???

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.