This is my first post I hope someone can help me!

I am trying to build a drop down menu for a site I am working on and for some reason I can only get the drop down menu to work in IE.

Please remember I am very new(hardcore noob) at web coding in general as you may see from my code here.

<div class="Main">
        <div class="Sheet">
            <div class="Sheet-tl"></div>
            <div class="Sheet-tr"><div></div></div>
            <div class="Sheet-bl"><div></div></div>
            <div class="Sheet-br"><div></div></div>
            <div class="Sheet-tc"><div></div></div>
            <div class="Sheet-bc"><div></div></div>
            <div class="Sheet-cl"><div></div></div>
            <div class="Sheet-cr"><div></div></div>
            <div class="Sheet-cc"></div>
            <div class="Sheet-body">
                <div class="nav">
                    <ul class="artmenu">
                        <li><a href="index.html"><span><span><strong>HOME</strong></span></span></a></li>
                        <li><a href="directory.html"><span><span><strong>DIRECTORY</strong></span></span></a></li>
                        <li><a href="community.html" class="{ActiveItem}"><span><span><strong>COMMUNITY</strong></span></span></a></li>
                                        <ul>
                                <li><a href="services.html"><strong>SERVICES</strong></a>
                                </li>
                                <li><a href="events.html"><strong>EVENTS</strong></a></li>
                                <li><a href="minutes.doc"><strong>COUNCIL MINUTES</strong></a></li>
                            </ul>
                                    </li>
                        <li><a href="contact.html"><span><span><strong>CONTACT</strong></span></span></a></li>                    </ul>
                    <div class="l">
                    </div>
                    <div class="r">
                        <div>
                        </div>
                    </div>
                </div>

Any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated, please use English sounding terms though...

Thanks in advance...

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You have only shown us the html, I assume <ul class="armenu"> is the menu and then 4 lines further, the <ul> you placed there represents a dropdown right? I think you are using CSS to make the dropdown menu, but you have not posted any?

Anyway, the embedded <ul> you have place in <ul class="armenu"> needs to be INSIDE a <li>, the COMMUNITY <li>. Show the CSS code so that we can test it out ourselves.

~G

You have only shown us the html, I assume <ul class="armenu"> is the menu and then 4 lines further, the <ul> you placed there represents a dropdown right? I think you are using CSS to make the dropdown menu, but you have not posted any?

Anyway, the embedded <ul> you have place in <ul class="armenu"> needs to be INSIDE a <li>, the COMMUNITY <li>. Show the CSS code so that we can test it out ourselves.

~G

I thought it might help if I posted that, just goes to show how much I know about all of this...

By the way I am using a template I downloaded so I am not familiar with any of the CSS file really, I just edited the HTMLs.

Here is the CSS: Link

I will wait until you have a look as the CSS before I make any changes, thanks for your reply!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.