anyone mind lending a hand :/

basically, what I have is a code containing 2 iframes inside a div.

what I'd like to do is refresh one of the iframes when it's page recieves an update from another user.

perhapse I could load the page on the document load, and store those contents in a var.
then have a code that will compair the remote page to the var every second or so.
if the page compairs differently, update the var info and refresh the iframe.

thanx

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I take it a day's worth of no replies means nobody knows how to do this... right??

*sigh*
and google hasn't shown me anything useful... yet,
but I'm still looking >_>

I'm only allowed to accesss the code in my forum's global header,
so the code has to be JS
(or something just as simple at least)

well I just found something on stack-overflow, but IDK if I should trust it on what I need it for >_>
(mainly because it uses jQuery...)

I can't use modules unless they're already on the net >_>
2 reasons for that:
1 - can't access forum files
2 - the wii can't UL/DL or copy/paste
(compy doesn't have net)

I wouldn't mind temporarily co-admin-ing someone (who I know/trust) if they could do this for me.
(I'd have to write the code down and type it in)

and I'll be honest here, I'm doing it for a chatbox.
(one that actually works for wii)
the chatbox requires you to refresh it manually,
so I'm trying to make it update every time it recieves a post.
I've already tried updating it every 5 seconds, and ended up having to remove the code >_>
(much too unstable)

if you have page a.htm. wich is the parent page with 2 iframes, you type in iframe a, and it reloads iframe b with the new text. is this your question? And you can only write in the header?

if you have page a.htm. wich is the parent page with 2 iframes, you type in iframe a, and it reloads iframe b with the new text. is this your question? And you can only write in the header?

close...

that already works as it is...
what I'm trying to do is,
I want the iframe to refresh when it's page recieves an update from another user...

and I can only update the code going into my forum's global header...
it's proboards... (if you know how that is)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.