Hello guys, I would like to know how client browser send data to server whithout refreshing the page (just like chat in facebook)?
I have searched in google but I found alot of tutorials but non of them told me what is the basic idea about web server client synchronization? what is the basic functions in javascript used to do this?
I just want to know what is the functions used to send and reseive data between client browser and server.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

This code snippet is poor, it dosn't show how to get data in the server sent from the client.
Do you have some links in w3school?? or some thing else?

it dosn't show how to get data in the server sent from the client.

Yes, it does. From line 124 it sends from client to server, from line 82 is the server receiving. Don't say it's poor, just because you don't understand it (yet).

OK. But it seems scripted in AJAX technology, is there another way to done this in JQUERY?

Yes, you can use jQuery ajax calls instead. Both do the same thing, what you see in the code snippet is what jQuery does under water.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.