Hi

I'm getting a few spammers bypassing certain form elements on my site which I attribute to them having javascript disabled. Is there any way of diplaying the <form></form> content if it's enabled and otherwise displaying a message saying "We are no longer taking registrations".

I'm not too concerned about losing the 10% of regular web surfers who have javascript disabled .

Last but not least is there any way of checking to see if javascript is enabled before a form action is processed?

Thanks a lot :)

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Easy, have JavaScript write that part of the page. If JavaScript is turned off, they'll never see it. That's a core principle of progressive enhancement.

I was going to suggest that too.

That might make his site extremly slow wouldnt it??

Trying to force ppl to use scripts isnt a good idea cause it causes problems,there are other anti spam measures you can enable though that would weed out spam bots........

Trying to force ppl to use scripts isnt a good idea cause it causes problems,there are other anti spam measures you can enable though that would weed out spam bots........

I ended up doing something completely different and it seems to work so the problem is solved hopefully - thanks for everyones suggestions :)

Very good :)

I ended up doing something completely different and it seems to work so the problem is solved hopefully - thanks for everyones suggestions :)

How did you solve? I'm also having the same problem...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.