hello friends,
can i change the port of oracle 10.i am using tomcat 6.0 and both are using same port 8080.so how could i use oracle with tomcat in windows 7.Reply plz.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You can change the port number only at the time of installation.Port number of tomcat can be changed at the time of installation by using custom install.
Another way out is to use a different web server cuz they have different port number.

You can change the port number only at the time of installation.Port number of tomcat can be changed at the time of installation by using custom install.
Another way out is to use a different web server cuz they have different port number.

Obviously you are Windows user and never looked into your Tomcat directory, otherwise you would know there is folder called "conf" with file called "server.xml" where number of settings including port numbers associated with Tomcat can be set as required. As for Oracle 10i, try to look on documentation of 10g on port management to see if that helps

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.