Hello all,

I have created Servelets which are used by midlets and having Database in MySQL. I have deployed servelets in Apache Folder. but now question is how to setup Database?

Thanking You,
Hakoo S Desai.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

This question is not well formed.
Are you asking how to install database, then check this
If you ask how to proceed when you want to connect midlet with database through servlet is a have servlet waiting for GET/POST request, some logic to take care of getting through received parameters and calling appropriate method which will talk to database, then return results to midlet.

Sorry for inconvince.

Actually, I created MIDLET application which connects to Database with help of
Servlet. The functionality is working fine on my PC. Now, I want to test it on real Mobile Device through GPRS. For that I need to put my servlets and database(MySQL) on Server side.

I deployed my servlets using Netbeans/ Deploy option. I put war file in $Apache_Home$/webapps/ folder.

Now, my question is how to setup my developed Database at Server Side? Should I create new one in Server or any methods that I can migrate my created database to Server-Side.

I expect that you already have database installed on sever (MySQL/Oracle/Postgres). What you can always try is to create backup or export of existing DB in SQL or any convenient format to you and then try to import it on server side database

I expect that you already have database installed on sever (MySQL/Oracle/Postgres). What you can always try is to create backup or export of existing DB in SQL or any convenient format to you and then try to import it on server side database

Yeah, MySQL is installed in Server. Then how to Backup or Export/Import DB in MySQL? . Is it ok if I use grab files(Created by Netbeans) to backup and import DB.

Hey thanks, I got options, It can be done in MySQL Adminstrator. The way is MySQL Administrator->Backup.

Yes that can be easily done with MySQL GUI Tools :) (hence why I didn't go in details how to create backup)

This for other users who want the details. Apart from GUI, it can be done from dos command prompt.
To Export : mysqldump -u[username] -p[password] [database name] > file.sql
To Import : mysql -u[username] -p[password] [database name] < file.sql

No space between -u and [username]. Same for, -p and [password]
And its necessary to run from Command prompt, It wont work from SQL prompt.

Before importing make sure you created new database or you may get error

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.