i made a jsp page, now i made a LAN named "ar", and connected another computer with "ar" network. Now i want that the client computer i.e. computer 2 should access my jsp page which is arsh.html , how to do this?????
My approach: i set my IP as 192.16.1.44 and second computer as 192.16.1.33, now as we do in tomcat "localhost:8080/amar/arsh.html", (amar is my .war file), on client computer on the browser's url i wrote "192.16.1.44/amar/arsh.html" and a message prompts "Oops, chrome can't find that page"
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE HELP...............................

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

1. Next time make sure you post in correct section, in we have sub section called JSP(Java Server Pages) that holds info on Java web development
2. To call tomcat from other computer then it is installed you need to use the IP of the computer installed, port number if different then 80 followed by application name.
Example: given that Tomcat installed on 192.16.1.44 with default port number you need to call 192.16.1.44:8080/amar/arsh.html . This will be accessible if the given pc hasn't got some port restriction or if pc or Tomcat is off

@peter_budo
well thank you, so much that's really working and i'll post the question in right place, next time, sorry 4 that.
One more question, do i need to implement or is it necessary to implement threads if multiple clients want to access my server here.
Example:- if 4 client laptops with ip 192.16.1.29, .28, .27, .26, want to access my server, i have to implement threads, isn't it??????

No need if we talking about 4 people. It would be different if we spoke of thousands or millions.
However you need to understand that at the moment you are just on local/private network. This wouldn't work if your friends try to access it remotely.

commented: This person has a lot of knowledge about programming. Hats off +2

Seriously, i owe u something due to your valuable solutions. Thank you so much sir, ur valuable comments have helped a lot.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.