After installing tomcat 6.0 server into my machine iam not able to find "start up and shut down" files under bin directory
pls tell how to solve this issue

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Which platform are you talking about? Is it Linux? If so, which distro?

Please have look at this post about installation. If you on Windows instead of installer use zip and extract, this give you more control over start/stop

download tomcat 6.0 from apache website for the particular os,
still getting problem uninstall & reinstall it.

download tomcat 6.0 from apache website for the particular os,
still getting problem uninstall & reinstall it.

Typo in any configuration of files can be easily discovered if yo just read logs. Unistall and reinstall option is for lazy people that cannot be bothered. Your replies is therefore of very low value.

Hmm... No reply for this thread... I thought the platform was Linux because the TO talked about "bin" folder which is supposed to be looking for usable command line in Linux. Though, to start/stop in Linux, it is not from there but could be from /etc/init... instead.

Hmm... No reply for this thread... I thought the platform was Linux because the TO talked about "bin" folder which is supposed to be looking for usable command line in Linux. Though, to start/stop in Linux, it is not from there but could be from /etc/init... instead.

Depends on the installation. If you download zip or tar then you will start through INSTALATION_DIRECTORY/bin/startup.sh(bat)

when iam starting open the loclahost:8080 iam getting this error on the browser pls tell me the solution. iam using jdk1.6
jasper.JasperException: java.lang.NullPointerException: Module 'null' not found.
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:522)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:416)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:342)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:267)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

root cause

java.lang.NullPointerException: Module 'null' not found.
org.apache.struts.taglib.TagUtils.getModuleConfig(TagUtils.java:755)
org.apache.struts.taglib.TagUtils.getModuleConfig(TagUtils.java:735)
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.lookup(FormTag.java:796)
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.doStartTag(FormTag.java:467)
org.apache.jsp.logon_jsp._jspService(logon_jsp.java:171)
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:374)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:342)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:267)

That sounds like struts module problem, not really Java???

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.