Hello everyone!

I am new to this forum and a beginner programmer.

I wish to develop a small social networking site using JSP/Servlet and other useful java technologies.

Your help is needed a s I am not much aware of the SDLC process.

Need your help starting from the basics like what should I start from.. like gathering requirements and everything.

Thanks,
Jitendra

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

1) Forum rules - Keep It Organized - Do provide evidence of having done some work yourself if posting questions from school or work assignments
2) You want to develop social network so you must know what you want to have as core functionality of this site not us.

Hello Sir I am aware of the Core functionality this site should provide. I just want your guidance through the steps of its development.

I want to use RAD for development.

Any suggestions??

It is all nice to play with acronyms, but you sure that you know what you talking about? You should read something about JUnit, Mockito like Growing Object-Oriented Software, guided by Test, Test Driven Development, Test Driven: TDD and Acceptance TDD for Java Developers or just JUnit in Action

As for guidance as I previously mentioned, how can we help if you did not tell us your core functionality??? Put down list of things you expect from this project, maybe give a priority and maybe someone will look at it and give some feedback.

thnx a lot for providing references.

I will provide with what exactly I want and what help I need, in proper words in few days

thnx a lot,
Jitendra

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.