Hello,
I have been told to design website in JSP. Firstly it contains login page.i hv designed login.jsp but it contains all HTML tags. For the database(Sybase) connection i m planing to write java file login.java which will be invoked in login.jsp action method....
..is this a right way to develop a web site....or shud i use struts(i dnt hv any knowledge abt it...)

plz guide me...

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

well, is there any way technology (jsp, jsp, ... servlets, struts, ... gwt, ...) you really know?
if you have skills in developing using jsp and servlets, use it, if you know struts, use it, if you don't, and your employer/client puts you on a strict deadline, don't push it, and don't pick the hardest technology to crack because it would look more impressive.

well, is there any way technology (jsp, jsp, ... servlets, struts, ... gwt, ...) you really know?
if you have skills in developing using jsp and servlets, use it, if you know struts, use it, if you don't, and your employer/client puts you on a strict deadline, don't push it, and don't pick the hardest technology to crack because it would look more impressive.

i know about JSP & Servlet...but dont hv any idea abt wht is struts.can u plz answer to my ques. ? to design login page jsp page shud only contain HTML tags ? nd processing is done in servlet or single JSP page wud be sufficient ?

what processing do you want to be done?
the 'processing' of variable data only should start when there is variable data, so, when you enter your username, password and press log in.

for more information on Struts, check http://struts.apache.org/

Can we create web application which contains this username,password login page,database connection for dynamic data display in JSP|Servlet....WITHOUT USING STRUTS ?

sure you can, you can create such an app easily with just plain old jsp pages and servlets.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.