I am very new to JSP language and i ahve worked a lot on JAVAlanguage and i have configured my Tomcat Server also and its running fire

I would like to know about the steps that i am required to follow to Execute my JSP File.

1.Please tell me in which directory i am required to save me JSP File
2.What is the URL i need to Type to Execute my JSP FIle

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Tomcat comes with some rather nice examples which would answer your questions.

You will also want a GOOD MODERN book about JSP, like the latest edition (3rd edition) of O'Reilly's Java Server Pages book.
You'll also want something on good web application design (to avoid falling into the trap of putting business logic into your JSPs.
O'Reilly's Head First Servlets and JSP is a good choice for that.

Tomcat comes with some rather nice examples which would answer your questions.

You will also want a GOOD MODERN book about JSP, like the latest edition (3rd edition) of O'Reilly's Java Server Pages book.
You'll also want something on good web application design (to avoid falling into the trap of putting business logic into your JSPs.
O'Reilly's Head First Servlets and JSP is a good choice for that.

Well I got my answer and I have started Executing JSP Programs.....

What I did is I just saved my Programmed in JSP folder and then I started my tomcat server from Start menu and then I wrote following link for my hello.jsp file in Web browser and it worked..

http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp/hello.jsp

Well I would like to say knowledge not only brings Confidence it brings Smile also/.......me I am so happy....thank you

hai i am mahi
i am very new to jsp pls help me clear steps to run a jsp and tomcat server.

I am very new to JSP language and i ahve worked a lot on JAVAlanguage and i have configured my Tomcat Server also and its running fire

I would like to know about the steps that i am required to follow to Execute my JSP File.

1.Please tell me in which directory i am required to save me JSP File
2.What is the URL i need to Type to Execute my JSP FIle

3.expecting reply from u

3.expecting reply from u

how to execute the jsp file in web browser

how to execute the jsp file in web browser

Read post 5 where I explain what you need for Java web development. If you have your environment already set up and having difficulties you need to provide explanation what you did and where the whole process is getting stacked (including any error messages you may get)

3.expecting reply from u

Hy Friend.Please Download the Netbeans For JSP .GO to the web site of java.sun and download the netbean with Glass fish server.This is Pakage is install automatically.and open Project in the netbean and u have easly find the run button there.then ur pages will be run.By Software Engineer M wasif From Pakistan City Feroza

commented: Absolutelly ignoring previous replies. Sad... -2

If you are working on windows xp then go to the address below and then create a folder and place your .jsp files here.

C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.24\webapps

for example you created a folder named as strat and in it a file new.jsp
then go to the web browser and type this url-
http://localhost:8080/star/new.jsp

and its done.
bye

If you are working on windows xp then go to the address below and then create a folder and place your .jsp files here.

C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.24\webapps

for example you created a folder named as strat and in it a file new.jsp
then go to the web browser and type this url-
http://localhost:8080/star/new.jsp

and its done.
bye

and it will throw error because you named folder strat and in URL you are requesting star

Closing thread, no new valuable info added lately...

At first create a jsp file. then open tomcat server . After that go to that way.Tomcat->wab app-> then create a folder & given name your self.In that folder Create a folder as WEB-INF .Putyour jsp file & html file in the created folder that you given name. then http://localhost:8080/gayan1/name.jsp

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.